Wednesday 6 October 2010

New painted units for NYW

Prince George of Hessan-Darmstadt Regt

In between painting my megalomaniac mate Postie's Napoleonic figures, I managed to squeeze in a few units of my own figures for my new NYW army . I don't get a great deal of time to paint my own figures, money talks!, so its taken me a couple of months to get some units done.
The first new unit painted is Charles Churchill's regiment circa 1688, also known as The Holland Regiment or the Buffs. Later in its history it was numbered the 3rd Foot in the British establishment.
The second painted unit was commanded by Prince George of Hessen-Darmstadt, who took over the regiment from Philip Babbington in 1691. The unit later became the 6th foot.
The third unit is Mackay's, commanded by Hugh Mackay, which was part of the Scots Brigade and was in Dutch service. Also I painted up 4 artillery pieces, 2 Heavies and 2 Mediums, the battalion guns are to come later , when I but them.
The flags in the photos for Prince George's and Mackay's can be found in previous postings on my Blog.
Hope you like the figures, comments welcome!


Mackay's Regt

Churchills Regt

Heavy Artillery

Medium Artillery






No comments:

Post a Comment